[opensource] [open source events] How about Moving the Open Source Lab Web Presence to Drupal?

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 14:56:04 PST 2009

Is anyone other than I updating the wiki?  I recently added the Wikimedia
Foundation generalized assessment content extension proposal to the
pronunciation assessment talk page to the unconference wiki at
http://tinyurl.com/5ktegv

Those were the only OSL wiki changes in the past 30 days.

May I ask please that the wiki and blog continue along with any new pages,
Drupal or otherwise, to prevent link rot?

I would also like to ask whether there are any open source Flash 10/Flex
applications for audio speex upload (or audio/video upload) from the client
microphone (and camera) yet. Adobe Flash 10 has been able to upload in the
open speex format for over a year now.

I am looking for something like http://vaestro.com -- is there an open
source solution for that kind of a voice board yet?  If not, I would
consider releasing some of the Flash/Flex Actionscript I have for it, and I
wonder whether the Lab would be willing to host a demonstration server(?)

There is no doubt that spoken language classes will be able to benefit
tremendously from audio voice message boards, regardless of whether a human
instructor or an automatic pronunciation assessment system is at the other
end.

Sincerely,
James Salsman