[opensource] [open source events] How about Moving the Open Source Lab Web Presence to Drupal?

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 10:29:26 PST 2009

Marco,

Thanks for your help with that.  Sorry I'm top-posting, oddly the G1
gmail client doesn't support anything but very truncated top-posting.
I should probably be using gmail through the browser on the G1.

I would like to know how the community feels about supporting the
extensions I've proposed. I recently had a discussion on Twitter with
Tim Berners-Lee about this:

http://twitter.com/jsalsman/status/5461688811 . at t @timberners_lee will
browser authors *ever* offer native microphone & camera upload so we
don't depend on 0-day bug swarm that is Flash?

http://twitter.com/timberners_lee/status/5465108517 @jsalsman Camera,
microphone? Device APIs See http://www.w3.org/2009/05/DeviceAPICharter
-- want to help? :) #w3c #webapps

Oddly, the camera seems to be mentioned in that document, but not the
microphone.

http://twitter.com/jsalsman/status/5471835162 @timberners_lee 10 years
ago you said it was a question of getting browser authors to implement
HTML 4 http://bit.ly/c0N0I --Is it still? @t

http://twitter.com/jsalsman/status/5471835162 @timberners_lee @t as
far as I could get with Firefox http://bit.ly/1xFivV If you asked 4
that until it happened, v5 DeviceAPI wouldB easier

Is there anyone who doesn't agree that these issues need to be
addressed very soon?

Sincerely,
James Salsman