[opensource] coffee tomorrow - Drupal educational gaming platform

Rob Lucas rmlucas at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 18 10:21:18 PST 2009

John Bickar and I are having coffee tomorrow morning (Thursday) with Andy Blanco from the Learning Games Network. Join us! Andy says:

"Our nonprofit, the Learning Games Network, has been working on a Drupal-based educational gaming platform that's funded by the Hewlett Foundation's OER initiative.  XENOS is a game world for language learning that will initially be geared towards Spanish-speaking English Language Learners; the Interactive Social Learning Environment (ISLE), which is the underlying technical platform, will be openly available for others to build upon."

Learn more: http://www.learninggamesnetwork.org/content/about

This is informal--a conversation, not a presentation.  9:30 am, tomorrow, Tressider.  Let me know if you might come, so I'll know if we're overloaded.

-Rob