[opensource] Announcing October’s ccSalon SF! (10/15/09)

Henrik bennetsen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:53:10 PDT 2009

  Sent to you by Henrik via Google Reader: Announcing October’s ccSalon
SF! (10/15/09) via Creative Commons » Commons News by Allison Domicone
on 9/28/09

Creative Commons, KALW, and Chicago Public Radio’s Sound Opinions are
pleased to present Chicago Tribune music critic and author Greg Kot in
conversation with music journalist David Downs. Kot’s new book, Ripped:
How the Wired Generation Revolutionized Music, explores the changing
face of the music industry. Downs and Kot will discuss the book, as
well as how digital sharing and participatory culture are shaping how
music is created and consumed. Audience questions and discussion will
follow the conversation.

When: Thursday, October 15, 7-9pm
Where: PariSoMa, 1436 Howard St. (map and directions). Plenty of street
parking available. (Please note, the space is located up two steep
flights of stairs, and unfortunately does not currently have elevator
access.)

Light refreshments will be provided, and since we rely on the
generosity of our community to keep us afloat, we’ll be accepting
donations for CC at the door.

Check out the event posting on Upcoming and let us know you’re coming
on Facebook. We hope to see you there!

If you can’t make it to the salon on Thursday (or even if you can!),
we’re excited to also announce that the following evening, Greg will be
doing a reading, talk, and book signing at the Booksmith on Haight St.
in San Francisco. Come out to one of San Francisco’s premier
independent bookstores for a more intimate evening with Greg. Friday,
October 16th, 7:30 pm.

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Creative Commons » Commons News using Google Reader
favorite sites