[opensource] Upcoming Class -- SQL Basics -- Friday, January 21

Don Cameron djac at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 13 10:46:52 PST 2011

View this email in your browser

Upcoming IT Services Technology Training
SQL Basics

Dear colleagues,

Next week, IT Services Technology Training offers SQL Basics, a
workshop that will help users learn the basics of the SQL programming
language.

Please feel free to share this email with anybody you feel may benefit
from this class.

To see a sortable list of all upcoming classes, go to
itsupcoming.stanford.edu

CLASS TITLE	DATE	TIME	FEE
SQL Basics (ITS-2521)

SQL is the standard programming language for creating, updating, and
retrieving information stored in databases. This 1-day workshop will
enable students to turn ordinary questions into statements that the
database can understand.

This class moves beyond graphical query tools as the questions grow in
complexity in an easy-to-follow class. Basic knowledge of relational
databases and query terms is strongly recommended.

F Jan 21
9 AM - 4 PM
$325
What people are saying about this class:

- "Class helped to provide more context as I'm not a daily user of SQL
but have staff that use SQL a lot."
- "Great intro to SQL, and I really appreciate the book we received
and the web page of resources for us to refer back to. This course was
exactly what I needed!"
- "The instructor's explanation skills (at least of SQL to the non-
technical) are impressive."

HOW TO REGISTER

To enroll in courses and for complete course descriptions and
schedules, go to axess.stanford.edu. Log in and click on the "STARS
(Training)" tab. In "Search Catalog" type in the course number or
title to begin the enrollment process.

Call Technology Training at 723-4391 or send email to techtraining at stanford.edu
  if you need assistance.
More information is available at techtraining.stanford.edu.

IT Services Technology Training
techtraining.stanford.edu

Don Cameron --- [djac at stanford.edu]
Administrative Associate - Support -- IT Services Technology Training
Direct Line: 650-736-0609
TTS Main Line: 650-723-4391   Fax: 650-725-0995
468 Via Ortega, Spruce Hall, Room F3
Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-4144
http://techtraining.stanford.edu