[opensource] Center for Internet & Society: Infrastructure - The Social Value of Shared Resources - February 27, 2013

Irina Zaks irina.zaks at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 22 12:10:41 PST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	WED: Infrastructure - The Social Value of Shared Resources
Date: 	Sat, 23 Feb 2013 04:28:43 +1100
From: 	Stanford Center for Internet & Society <cis at law.stanford.edu>
To: 	communications at law.stanford.edu <communications at law.stanford.edu>

Stanford Center for Internet and Society
Having trouble reading this email? View it on your browser
<http://enews.law.stanford.edu/t/r-l-uumhjl-jyjrdldjlu-r/>.

<http://enews.law.stanford.edu/t/r-l-uumhjl-jyjrdldjlu-y/>

*When: Wednesday, February 27, 2013*
6:00pm Reception • 7:00pm Talk Begins
Stanford Law School - Room 290
<http://enews.law.stanford.edu/t/r-l-uumhjl-jyjrdldjlu-j/>
559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, CA 94305
<http://enews.law.stanford.edu/t/r-l-uumhjl-jyjrdldjlu-t/>
Free and open to the public.
*RSVP for this Free Event Today
<http://enews.law.stanford.edu/t/r-l-uumhjl-jyjrdldjlu-i/> | More Info
<http://enews.law.stanford.edu/t/r-l-uumhjl-jyjrdldjlu-d/>*

Join us for this evening talk where Brett Frischmann will discuss the
social value of shared infrastructures— including roads, our natural
environment, and the Internet—and he will explain why we can no longer
afford to take these resources for granted.

Frischmann's book is a major contribution to many ongoing public policy
debates. It has received strong reviews from experts in many different
fields, including leading economists, political scientists and legal
scholars. According to the late Elinor Ostrom, winner of the 2009 Nobel
Prize in Economic Sciences, Frischmann's "extraordinary book" provides
"essential guidance for the analysis of diverse types of infrastructure
resources and how policies affect the effectiveness, efficiency,
fairness, and sustainability of outcomes." Edella Schlager's review in
Science magazine argues that "With its many fresh ideas, Infrastructure
itself is likely to generate social value through additional research
and the creation of innovative policies."

Brett M. Frischmann is Professor of Law at the Benjamin N. Cardozo
School of Law, Yeshiva University, where he teaches intellectual
property and Internet law. He is currently the Director of Cardozo's IP
and Information Law Program and is an Affiliate Scholar of the Center
for Internet and Society. Read more about Frischmann
<http://enews.law.stanford.edu/t/r-l-uumhjl-jyjrdldjlu-h/>.

Stanford Law School · Center for Internet & Society
Questions? Email cis at law.stanford.edu <mailto:cis at law.stanford.edu> |
Forward this email to a friend
<http://stanfordprograminlawsciencetechnology.forwardtomyfriend.com/r-jyjrdldjlu-523D6B4B-uumhjl-l-k>

Click here to unsubscribe from our mailing list
<http://enews.law.stanford.edu/t/r-u-uumhjl-jyjrdldjlu-u/> .