[opensource] Last month on the SWS Blog: Node fields to block, Styling on Sites with Open Framework, Well-structured content

Megan Erin Miller meganem at stanford.edu
Fri May 31 09:06:09 PDT 2013

Happy Friday from your friends at SWS!
Last month on the SWS Blog:

   - *Handling Spam in
Drupal*<https://swsblog.stanford.edu/blog/handling-spam-drupal>(5/31/13)
– Caryl walks you through setting up our favorite spam blocker,
   Mollom.

   - *Working with Content in Drupal: an introduction to design,
   accessibility, and
SEO*<https://swsblog.stanford.edu/blog/working-content-drupal-introduction-design-accessibility-and-seo>(5/28/13)
– Linnea highlights not-to-miss tips for creating well-structured
   content in the WYSIWYG.

   - *Stanford Sites Updates, Week of May 27th,
2013*<https://swsblog.stanford.edu/blog/stanford-sites-updates-week-may-27th-2013>(5/28/13)
– John outlines recent updates to the Stanford Sites service.

   - *Styling on Sites: Introduction to Open
Framework*<https://swsblog.stanford.edu/blog/styling-sites-introduction-open-framework>(5/23/13)
– Megan gives you a crash course on the new Open Framework theme,
   and how to quickly add custom styles from Bootswatch.

   - *Using Display Suite to Place Node Fields in
Blocks*<https://swsblog.stanford.edu/blog/using-display-suite-place-node-fields-blocks>(5/20/13)
– John shares a killer tip for using Display Suite to pop out
   node content into blocks.

   - *Sites Superstars: Stanford Alpine
Club<https://swsblog.stanford.edu/blog/sites-superstars-stanford-alpine-club>
   * (5/3/13) – Linnea highlights another Stanford Sites superstar!

The Stanford Web Services Blog <http://swsblog.stanford.edu/> features
tutorials, articles, and case studies from the SWS team, and provides an
avenue of communication for SWS activities, a forum for discussion around
trends and technologies, and a resource to the community.

We welcome you to subscribe to the blog
here<https://swsblog.stanford.edu/subscribe>,
or keep an eye out for our monthly digest via email.

Stanford Web Services – http://webservices.stanford.edu
Read more about Stanford Sites: http://sites.stanford.edu
Contact us through HelpSU: http://stanford.io/XkTdwt
Find us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SUWebServices