[p4-feedback] Some bugs and feature requests

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at
Mon Aug 11 09:30:11 PDT 2008

Comments inline, cheers for the feedback.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Kaarel Kaljurand <kaljurand at>wrote:

> Hi,
> Some bugs in Protege 4 revision 11073. On Mac OS X Tiger/PPC.
> * Cannot create new property if there is already a class with the same
> name (and vice versa).

Yes, I went a bit far with this - it should only flag conflicts with the
type you are creating. Bug reported

> * Individuals' list does not care about the current font.
> ("Individuals by Class" does.)

OK, bug reported

> * Closing the "Preferences" panel using the general X-button throws NPE.

> * Trying to enter an illegal (?) name, e.g. "blah\" or "blah}" throws
> lots of NPEs,
> but on the UI level there is no useful feedback.

Cannot reproduce NPEs but bug reported

> * Selecting an entity (e.g. by search, or back/fwd arrows, etc.)
> switches the tab to the respective entity type view.
> Is there a way to turn this switching off? Say I have a tab which can
> display all
> selections in the same tab. In this case I don't want to go to other
> tabs just to
> view the selection.

Will investigate

> * Would be cool to have a more general search/replace function,
> e.g. from property expression to another property expression:
> isEatenBy -> inv(eat)
> or from class expression to another class expression: pet -> (inv(pet)
> some Thing)

On the list