[p4-feedback] various

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:16:41 PDT 2008

Some issues that I came upon during a demo today.
Regards,
-Alan

Would be nice if the bookmarks were available when choosing imports.

When I attempt to search for "temper" on the ontology attached, I get

Error 1 Logged at Thu Mar 13 17:55:26 EDT 2008
StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 0
     java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:558)
     org.protege.editor.owl.model.find.EntityFinderImpl.getEntities
(EntityFinderImpl.java:107)
     org.protege.editor.owl.ui.find.EntityFinderField.executeFind
(EntityFinderField.java:158)
     org.protege.editor.owl.ui.find.EntityFinderField.access$500
(EntityFinderField.java:44)
     org.protege.editor.owl.ui.find.EntityFinderField
$4.actionPerformed(EntityFinderField.java:150)
     javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:271)
     javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:201)
     java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
     java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
     java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy
(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
     java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
     java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
184)
     java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
176)
     java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
---------------------------

The restriction editor don't seem to let me create datatype restrictions

The "edit" button on a datatype property range does not do anything
(remove it if it shouldn't ?)

When editing a class expression, if one says "OK" and there is a
syntax error, the box is closed and the contents discarded without
prompting.

Is there a way to create Data Range Expressions?

When creating restrictions, it would be nice to have access to the
inferred class tree.

When I create the restriction: has_quality some 'behavioral quality'
using the restriction editor, and then try to edit using the
expression editor, it is claimed that there is a syntax error, and I
can't proceed.