[p4-feedback] Ontology Metrics

Thomas Schneider schneidt at cs.man.ac.uk
Thu Apr 2 14:36:43 PDT 2009

Hi José,

(1) You can get all classes, object properties etc. referenced in the
ontology by using one of the following methods.

java.util.Set<OWLClass> 	getReferencedClasses()
java.util.Set<OWLDataProperty> 	getReferencedDataProperties()
java.util.Set<OWLEntity> 	getReferencedEntities()
java.util.Set<OWLIndividual> 	getReferencedIndividuals()
java.util.Set<OWLObjectProperty> 	getReferencedObjectProperties()

If you call the method size() for the respective result, it'll give you the
count.

(2) GCIs (or a superset thereof?) can be obtained with

java.util.Set<OWLClassAxiom> 	getGeneralClassAxioms()
          Gets the set of general axioms in this ontology.

I haven't found anything for DL expressivity. (Matthew/Nick?)

(3) Where is the method getAxiomCount specified? I can only see

<T extends OWLAxiom> java.util.Set<T> getAxioms(AxiomType<T> axiomType)

in the Javadoc of the current release (2.2.0)?!?

HTH

Thomas

secevalliv at gmail.com schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm developing a plug-in for Protege 4.0 and I'm trying to compare two
> different ontologies. In order to do so I want to show the ontology metrics,
> I realized that I can ask the ontology for many of those metrics using the
> following code line:
>
> ontology.getAxiomCount(AxiomType);
>

> But how may I ask for the missing metrics? (class count, Object Property
> count, DL expressivity, CGI count,...)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> José Villaveces

- --
|  Dr Thomas Schneider                            schneider at cs.man.ac.uk |
|  School of Computer Science          http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~schneidt |
|  Kilburn Building, Room 2.114                    phone +44 161 2756136 |
|  University of Manchester                                              |
|  Oxford Road                                               _///_       |
|  Manchester M13 9PL                                        (o~o)       |

Kelling (ptcpl.vb.)
  The action of looking for something all over again in all the places
  you've already looked.