[p4-feedback] How does Protege handle the links between file name and URI?

Patrick McCrae patrick.mccrae at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Apr 7 02:05:42 PDT 2009

Hi, Nick -

Could you please briefly outline what the general mechanism is that
Protege 4.0 uses to link file names and URIs and how its behaviour
depends on the system setup?

I still believe it is Protege's mechanism of linking these two ontology
attributes which have also been causing my import problems (my current
suspicion is that the link from URI to file always remains unchanged -
regardless of whether I create a new ontology with the same URI but a
different file name. Hence always the old ontology version gets loaded
even if newer versions are available locally. Would this make sense?).

Best regards -

Pat
_______________________

Patrick McCrae