[p4-feedback] Loading SKOS

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Thu Apr 9 07:14:03 PDT 2009

Hi Rinke,

SKOS properties use subPropertyOf so are automatically coerced into being a
data/object property.
Then, because skos properties are used to describe skos itself, any are
taken to be propertyAssertions on individuals (so everything also gets typed
as an individual).

Its quite possible that the OWL API v3 would handle this better (as it
really does have annotation properties with subproperty support).

P4 will pick up these changes when the OWL spec and OWL API are more stable
and we migrate to v3.

Nick