[p4-feedback] Possible P4 bug in RenameEntitiesPanel

Ken Bernstein kbernstein at ontoreason.com
Sat Apr 11 19:08:22 PDT 2009

Hi.  This is my first post to the group so my apologies if I have posted to
the wrong location.

Enclosed is a very simple RDF/XML OWL file.  Past the namespace definitions,
it contains one individual defined as:

    <rdf:Description rdf:about="#Some%2DTest">
        <rdfs:label>Some-Test</rdfs:label>
    </rdf:Description>

When I select "Change multiple entity URIs" from the refactor menu, an
exception occurs.
In the class RenameEntitiesPanel, the method extractNSFromEntity retrieves
the entity URI fragment.  The returned fragment string is fully decoded in
that the "%2D" is replaced with the "-".  The string returned by
entity.getURI().toString() is not decoded, so the subsequent call of
uriStr.lastIndexOf(frag) throws an exception.

So it seems that:
a) There is a bug, or
b) Entities should not have escaped characters in their URIs.

Any help or guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Ken Bernstein
OntoReason, LLC