[p4-feedback] Problem loading Turtle file

Holger Stenzhorn holger.stenzhorn at ifomis.uni-saarland.de
Wed Apr 15 09:46:23 PDT 2009

Hi,

We have received an OWL file in Turtle format from our project partners.
When trying to load that file, using the latest Protégé-SVN version, I
get a parsing error.

Experimenting a bit I could locate the issue and construct a test case:
[1] loads fine. But when trying [2] I get the excpetion in [3].
But when using the full URI instead [4] the loading works.

Cheers,
Holger

P.S.: Sorry, if this issue belongs on the OWLAPI list...

[1]
@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .
@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix xyz: <http://some/prefix#> .
<http://foo.bar/baz> rdf:type owl:Ontology .
xyz:abc rdf:type owl:Class .

[2]
@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .
@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix xyz: <http://some/prefix#> .
<http://foo.bar/baz> rdf:type owl:Ontology .
xyz:123 rdf:type owl:Class .

[3]
uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.turtle.parser.ParseException: Encountered "123"
at line 5, column 5.
Was expecting one of:
    "." ...
    "a" ...