[p4-feedback] PromptDiff

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Fri Apr 17 04:18:53 PDT 2009

Hi,
 Comments inline

2009/4/16 Muhammad Javed <mjaved at computing.dcu.ie>

> Hi Nick,

> selecting *File| Open* and then selecting *Yes* to open the ontology in
> the same window.
>
> It asks whether """You want to open ontology in new Frame""".
>
> If we need to open ontology in same window. Then its    File|Open|No
> If we need to open ontology in new window. then its     File|Open|Yes

You must have an old version of Protege if it is asking this question.
Please update.
It now asks if you wish to open in the current window, which you do.

> Yes I am able to load two ontologies (of different URI)in single protege
> frame.

Great

> What does that actually means????
> I have downloaded new change view plugin and now i can see Diff, Change,
> Axiom, Query in Misc View and I have opened Diff, Change and Axioms
> Windows by cliking them and drop to some space below.

That's what I meant

> you are comparing
>
> EACH WINDOW ???? IF we open ontologies in same window, then its a single
> window of protege. isn't it or I am not able to understand wat u meant of
> it.
>
> I mean the dropdown on each pane of the diff view.

> I can see Diff Window, I am able to load two ontologies in one single
> frame window of protege, but still i don't know from where I can compare
> them, there is no tab or button for comparison of them...

When you select an ontology for the left pane and one for the right pane you
should automatically see a diff.
If this doesn't work immediately try reselecting - I think there is a bug in
the selection listener.

Nick