[p4-feedback] Regarding Protege-OWL 4 and SWRL

Yannis Christodoulou yannischris at
Fri Apr 17 07:49:11 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,
I have implemented an ontology in Protege-OWL 3.4 (i.e. owl 1.1?) using also
SWRL to define rules. I want to try and have the same implementation of the
ontology in Protege-OWL 4 (i.e. owl 2?), and as far as I know, SWRL is not
currently supported by Protege-OWL 4. So I have the following questions:

Is it true that SWRL is not currently supported by Protege-OWL 4?
If yes, is SWRL going to be integrated in Proetege-OWL 4 in the future?
Is there currently an equivalent feature in Protege-OWL 4, that can
substitude the functionlity of SWRL?
What is the "property chain" feature in Protege-OWL 4 and what is its basic
use? Does it have anything to do with defining rules?

Thank you all in advance