[p4-feedback] Problem saving an ontology

S Essaid sielists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 16:42:03 PDT 2009

Hello,

Here is an update on this issue.  The ontology I am using has about 600
classes and 2500 individuals. These individuals are declared all different.
It is the combination of declaring all the individuals different and then
attempting to render to RDF/XML that is causing the errors.  The RDF/XML
output is just cut short at random places.  The same error also occurred if
I try to view the RDF/XML Rendering view.  There are no errors if I use
OWL/XML or if the individuals are not declared all different.

Now that I am able to work with ontology using P4 (and only OWL/XML) I
noticed another issue but it is somewhat expected. Every time I try to
navigate to a different individual with the description view open the view
has to be populated with all the 2500 different individuals and this takes
about 10-15 seconds.  It would be useful in my case if I can disable the
"Different individuals" portion of the description view since it does not
contain any useful information.

Thanks,
Shahim