[p4-feedback] Rendering of URI fragments that contains escaped characters

S Essaid sielists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 17:20:05 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have a script that creates individuals and few of the individuals' URI
fragments would look like "#ImageMediaType_image/jpeg" so I encoded the
forward slash by replacing it with %2F. Following are few issues I noticed
about how Protege 4 handles these URIs.

If I set entity rendering to URI fragment then the encoding is *decoded* and
the GUI label would be "ImageMediaType_image/jpeg". This is how I want the
labels to appear to users.

If I set entity rendering to qnames then the encoding is *not decoded* and
the GUI label would be "prefix:ImageMediaType_image%2Fjpeg". Not very easy
to read. I would like the qname labels to also be decoded for display.

If I try the "Change Entity URI" refactoring tool the tool decodes the URI
to "ImageMediaType_image/jpeg" instead of showing the original fragment. I
can still enter an encoded fragment but I thought that the field should show
the original fragment not a decoded one. The original fragment name will be
changed even if just click the OK button without making any changes to the
displayed fragment.

Are these behaviours intentional?

I am using P4 build 110 with included JVM on Windows XP

Thank you,
Shahim