[p4-feedback] Running p4 as non-administrator

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 20 03:25:27 PDT 2009

Hi Adam,

P4 tries to write to 2 places in the installation directory.

1) logs/
2) configuration/

You can change log4j.xml to point the logging to another readable directory
by changing the following lines:

           <param name="directory" value="logs"/>
           <param name="relativeFile" value="protege-%u.log"/>

You can move the configuration directory to somewhere writable and then
adding this path to the appropriate startup script for your system:

-configuration /Users/drummond/Desktop/configuration/

Let me know if this helps.

Nick