[p4-feedback] Which ontology does Protege select for import when multiple ontologies with the same URI are present?

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 20 06:08:57 PDT 2009

Sorry, meant to reply on list.

Hi Patrick,

I wouldn't like to guess which order the files are checked in. We could
easily sort them but I don't think making it deterministic necessarily helps
- tell me if you disagree.
I would recommend that it was slightly tidier to have sub-directories for
each version for now - or give each version of an ontology a uri with a
different suffix.

Of course, this will be slightly easier (we hope) when the OWL 2 specs are
fully implemented and each ontology has a version URI.

Nick