[p4-feedback] Feature Request: Option to generate a new URI when saving an ontology with 'Save As'

Patrick McCrae patrick.mccrae at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Apr 22 05:04:34 PDT 2009

Dear List -

I have observed that the 'Save As' option permits to save multiple
ontologies with the same URI starting from a given ontology file. In
practice having multiple ontologies with the same URI can cause problems
with import resolution and file opening via URI.

I am therefore wondering if it might be a useful feature to offer the
option of generating a new URI for the ontology to save. This way it
would be possible to create multiple ontologies via 'Save As' from the
same original ontology without running into the troubles of having a
number of ontologies with the same URI in the same directory.

Any comments on this proposal?

Best regards -

Pat
_______________________