Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[p4-feedback] Problems with data properties and disjointness

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Mon Apr 27 07:52:09 PDT 2009


Hi,

1. P4 build 109 couldn't roundtrip the syntax you have in your file. It now
uses the following syntax:
owl:propertyDisjointWith
The RDF/XML parser should have been backwards compatible. I will contact the
author to see if they can sort this out.

2. This is the intended behaviour. It is the commonest use case we have seen
for creating disjoints. If there are enough votes for it I could add a
checkbox on the editor to allow the behaviour to be switched between the 2.

3. " try to add "a" as a disjoint property, nothing happens". That's odd -
added a bug

5. Right, added a bug

6. Yes, the behaviour seems the same

7. OK

8. Yep, this is another bug - the editor doesn't appear to reflect ontology
changes.

Thanks for your very clear instructions - this will help to track down the
problems.

Cheers

Nick


2009/4/22 S Essaid <sielists at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> Several observations:
>
> 1.  Disjoint declarations in RDF/XML not being recognized when file is
> opened. I attached an example file (DisjointNotReadIn.owl) and P4 will not
> show the disjoint declaration in this OWL file. This is not a problem if
> OWL/XML is used.
>
> 2.  If I declare three data properties ("a", "b", "c"), select "a", click
> disjoint icon, select "b" and "c" (in the same window, not one at a time),
> then all three are declared all different. This is not what I meant, "b" and
> "c" should not be disjoint from each other. It seams that selecting more
> than one property in the disjoint selection window is interpreted as
> indicating that all properties involved should be declared all disjoint.
>
> 3. When I tried to correct the error in 2 by selecting "b" and removing "c"
> as a disjoint (by clicking on "a" from the disjoint selection window that
> started with both "a" and "c" highlighted), then "c" lost its declaration as
> being disjoint from "a". Then if I select "c" in the list of properties and
> try to add "a" as a disjoint property, nothing happens. If I go to "a" and
> try to add "c" as a disjoint, again nothing happens.
>
> 4.  Here are files for each of the following steps. File
> correctingalldisjoint.1.owl is after issue 2 above. File
> correctingalldisjoint.2.owl is after issue 3 above.
>
> 5.  Another interesting situation can be reproduced like this (I was using
> OWL/XML):
> Create aa, bb, cc as data properties.
> Select aa and click disjoint properties.
> Select both bb and cc and click ok. (all disjoint will created for aa, bb,
> cc)
> Select bb and double click the disjoint statement, both aa and cc will be
> highlighted, click on aa and then ok. The all disjoint is now removed
> (looking at the RDF/XML)
> Select cc and click disjoint properties, aa is highlighted, click aa again
> and then ok. Nothing happens.
> Select aa and click disjoint properties icon. Click cc and then ok. Nothing
> happens to aa. Look at bb, cc was add as a disjoint to bb instead of cc
> being added to aa.
> After playing around by selecting one of the properties and adding the
> other as a disjoint ( I think it was after I selected bb and removed cc as a
> disjoint and then came back to bb and tried to add cc again as a disjoint) I
> got the RDF/XML shown in the attached interesting.owl file.
>
> 6  Some of these issues were tried using object properties and I noticed
> some of the same problems.
>
> 7  Everything worked as expected if I do not select more than one property
> as a disjoint from the selection window. But doing this will not create all
> disjoint statements in the RDF/XML  even if they are appropriate. It seams
> that applying disjoint properties does not work correctly once an all
> disjoint statement is created by selecting more than one disjoint property
> from the selection window. Even when all the disjoints are later removed
> from all the properties (confirmed by looking at the RDF/XML) the user
> interface still does not behave correctly. The ontology has to be closed and
> reopened to fix this issue. The lonely all different declaration can be
> removed by removing the empty disjoint entry (empty in the GUI) for that
> property.
>
> 8  Another strange issue is shown in the attached screenshot. I was trying
> to add dt:bb as a disjoint property to dt:dd. You can see dt:dd selected on
> the left and on the right is the window for selecting the disjoint property.
> Notice that dt:aa and its subproperties are not visible in the selection
> window.
>
> Thanks,
> Shahim
>
> _______________________________________________
> p4-feedback mailing list
> p4-feedback at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/p4-feedback/attachments/20090427/12475be7/attachment.html>


More information about the p4-feedback mailing list