Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[p4-feedback] Problems with data properties and disjointness

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Tue Apr 28 04:58:53 PDT 2009


Hi,

I've fixed the problems with the editor.

The syntax issue will hopefully be resolved, but a quick find and replace
should sort you out temporarilly.

Nick

2009/4/27 Nick Drummond <nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk>

> Hi,
>
> 1. P4 build 109 couldn't roundtrip the syntax you have in your file. It now
> uses the following syntax:
> owl:propertyDisjointWith
> The RDF/XML parser should have been backwards compatible. I will contact
> the author to see if they can sort this out.
>
> 2. This is the intended behaviour. It is the commonest use case we have
> seen for creating disjoints. If there are enough votes for it I could add a
> checkbox on the editor to allow the behaviour to be switched between the 2.
>
> 3. " try to add "a" as a disjoint property, nothing happens". That's odd -
> added a bug
>
> 5. Right, added a bug
>
> 6. Yes, the behaviour seems the same
>
> 7. OK
>
> 8. Yep, this is another bug - the editor doesn't appear to reflect ontology
> changes.
>
> Thanks for your very clear instructions - this will help to track down the
> problems.
>
> Cheers
>
> Nick
>
>
> 2009/4/22 S Essaid <sielists at gmail.com>
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Several observations:
>>
>> 1.  Disjoint declarations in RDF/XML not being recognized when file is
>> opened. I attached an example file (DisjointNotReadIn.owl) and P4 will not
>> show the disjoint declaration in this OWL file. This is not a problem if
>> OWL/XML is used.
>>
>> 2.  If I declare three data properties ("a", "b", "c"), select "a", click
>> disjoint icon, select "b" and "c" (in the same window, not one at a time),
>> then all three are declared all different. This is not what I meant, "b" and
>> "c" should not be disjoint from each other. It seams that selecting more
>> than one property in the disjoint selection window is interpreted as
>> indicating that all properties involved should be declared all disjoint.
>>
>> 3. When I tried to correct the error in 2 by selecting "b" and removing
>> "c" as a disjoint (by clicking on "a" from the disjoint selection window
>> that started with both "a" and "c" highlighted), then "c" lost its
>> declaration as being disjoint from "a". Then if I select "c" in the list of
>> properties and try to add "a" as a disjoint property, nothing happens. If I
>> go to "a" and try to add "c" as a disjoint, again nothing happens.
>>
>> 4.  Here are files for each of the following steps. File
>> correctingalldisjoint.1.owl is after issue 2 above. File
>> correctingalldisjoint.2.owl is after issue 3 above.
>>
>> 5.  Another interesting situation can be reproduced like this (I was using
>> OWL/XML):
>> Create aa, bb, cc as data properties.
>> Select aa and click disjoint properties.
>> Select both bb and cc and click ok. (all disjoint will created for aa, bb,
>> cc)
>> Select bb and double click the disjoint statement, both aa and cc will be
>> highlighted, click on aa and then ok. The all disjoint is now removed
>> (looking at the RDF/XML)
>> Select cc and click disjoint properties, aa is highlighted, click aa again
>> and then ok. Nothing happens.
>> Select aa and click disjoint properties icon. Click cc and then ok.
>> Nothing happens to aa. Look at bb, cc was add as a disjoint to bb instead of
>> cc being added to aa.
>> After playing around by selecting one of the properties and adding the
>> other as a disjoint ( I think it was after I selected bb and removed cc as a
>> disjoint and then came back to bb and tried to add cc again as a disjoint) I
>> got the RDF/XML shown in the attached interesting.owl file.
>>
>> 6  Some of these issues were tried using object properties and I noticed
>> some of the same problems.
>>
>> 7  Everything worked as expected if I do not select more than one property
>> as a disjoint from the selection window. But doing this will not create all
>> disjoint statements in the RDF/XML  even if they are appropriate. It seams
>> that applying disjoint properties does not work correctly once an all
>> disjoint statement is created by selecting more than one disjoint property
>> from the selection window. Even when all the disjoints are later removed
>> from all the properties (confirmed by looking at the RDF/XML) the user
>> interface still does not behave correctly. The ontology has to be closed and
>> reopened to fix this issue. The lonely all different declaration can be
>> removed by removing the empty disjoint entry (empty in the GUI) for that
>> property.
>>
>> 8  Another strange issue is shown in the attached screenshot. I was trying
>> to add dt:bb as a disjoint property to dt:dd. You can see dt:dd selected on
>> the left and on the right is the window for selecting the disjoint property.
>> Notice that dt:aa and its subproperties are not visible in the selection
>> window.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shahim
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> p4-feedback mailing list
>> p4-feedback at lists.stanford.edu
>> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
>>
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/p4-feedback/attachments/20090428/f7ccfa1e/attachment.html>


More information about the p4-feedback mailing list