[p4-feedback] Adding a class to an ontology

Nick Drummond nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Tue Apr 28 07:39:44 PDT 2009

José,

Unless you need tighter control over entity naming, I would advise using the
OWLEntityFactory to create entities.
This ensures that they are created with respect to the settings in the new
entities preferences [1].

The factory can be got from OWLModelManager.getOWLEntityFactory()

(You can use a null baseURI to force the default suggested by the prefs).

If you want a GUI that does this with a one-click use

OWLWorkspace.createOWLClass/ObjectProperty/DataProp...etc() which delegates
to OWLEntityCreationPanel.showDialog()

Cheers

Nick

[1]