Search Mailing List Archives
[p4-feedback] Problems with data properties and disjointness
nick.drummond at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Tue Apr 28 09:12:55 PDT 2009
Just an update - Mike Smith has fixed this parser bug in the OWL API RDF/XML
parser which now handles the legacy syntax.
We've updated the OWL API version in P4 for the next release.
2009/4/23 Timothy Redmond <tredmond at stanford.edu>
> I can add a little information to this. I suspect that part of the
> problem here is that the OWL 1.1/2.0 -> RDF mapping has been a bit of
> a moving target. In owl 1.1 , the statement that properties dpi
> and dpj are disjoint is represented as
> T(dpi) owl11:disjointDataProperties T(dpj)
> In owl 2.0 , you have two choices of syntax. Either
> T(DPE1) owl:propertyDisjointWith T(DPE2)
> _:x rdf:type owl:AllDisjointProperties .
> _:x owl:members T(SEQ DPE1 ... DPEn)
> It looks like protege 4 got stuck in the middle of this transition
> somehow. It does read and write the second version of the owl 2.0
> format correctly. It also writes a version of the pairwise
> disjointness property that is somewhere between the owl 1.1 version
> and the owl 2.0 version. But as far as I can tell it cannot read
> either version of the pairwise disjointness property.
>  http://www.webont.org/owl/1.1/rdf_mapping.html
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-owl2-mapping-to-rdf-20090421/
> On Apr 22, 2009, at 2:34 AM, S Essaid wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Several observations:
> > 1. Disjoint declarations in RDF/XML not being recognized when file
> > is opened. I attached an example file (DisjointNotReadIn.owl) and P4
> > will not show the disjoint declaration in this OWL file. This is not
> > a problem if OWL/XML is used.
> > 2. If I declare three data properties ("a", "b", "c"), select "a",
> > click disjoint icon, select "b" and "c" (in the same window, not one
> > at a time), then all three are declared all different. This is not
> > what I meant, "b" and "c" should not be disjoint from each other. It
> > seams that selecting more than one property in the disjoint
> > selection window is interpreted as indicating that all properties
> > involved should be declared all disjoint.
> > 3. When I tried to correct the error in 2 by selecting "b" and
> > removing "c" as a disjoint (by clicking on "a" from the disjoint
> > selection window that started with both "a" and "c" highlighted),
> > then "c" lost its declaration as being disjoint from "a". Then if I
> > select "c" in the list of properties and try to add "a" as a
> > disjoint property, nothing happens. If I go to "a" and try to add
> > "c" as a disjoint, again nothing happens.
> > 4. Here are files for each of the following steps. File
> > correctingalldisjoint.1.owl is after issue 2 above. File
> > correctingalldisjoint.2.owl is after issue 3 above.
> > 5. Another interesting situation can be reproduced like this (I was
> > using OWL/XML):
> > Create aa, bb, cc as data properties.
> > Select aa and click disjoint properties.
> > Select both bb and cc and click ok. (all disjoint will created for
> > aa, bb, cc)
> > Select bb and double click the disjoint statement, both aa and cc
> > will be highlighted, click on aa and then ok. The all disjoint is
> > now removed (looking at the RDF/XML)
> > Select cc and click disjoint properties, aa is highlighted, click aa
> > again and then ok. Nothing happens.
> > Select aa and click disjoint properties icon. Click cc and then ok.
> > Nothing happens to aa. Look at bb, cc was add as a disjoint to bb
> > instead of cc being added to aa.
> > After playing around by selecting one of the properties and adding
> > the other as a disjoint ( I think it was after I selected bb and
> > removed cc as a disjoint and then came back to bb and tried to add
> > cc again as a disjoint) I got the RDF/XML shown in the attached
> > interesting.owl file.
> > 6 Some of these issues were tried using object properties and I
> > noticed some of the same problems.
> > 7 Everything worked as expected if I do not select more than one
> > property as a disjoint from the selection window. But doing this
> > will not create all disjoint statements in the RDF/XML even if they
> > are appropriate. It seams that applying disjoint properties does not
> > work correctly once an all disjoint statement is created by
> > selecting more than one disjoint property from the selection window.
> > Even when all the disjoints are later removed from all the
> > properties (confirmed by looking at the RDF/XML) the user interface
> > still does not behave correctly. The ontology has to be closed and
> > reopened to fix this issue. The lonely all different declaration can
> > be removed by removing the empty disjoint entry (empty in the GUI)
> > for that property.
> > 8 Another strange issue is shown in the attached screenshot. I was
> > trying to add dt:bb as a disjoint property to dt:dd. You can see
> > dt:dd selected on the left and on the right is the window for
> > selecting the disjoint property. Notice that dt:aa and its
> > subproperties are not visible in the selection window.
> > Thanks,
> > Shahim
> > <DisjointNotReadIn.owl><correctingalldisjoint.
> > 1.owl><correctingalldisjoint.
> > 2
> > .owl
> > >
> > <
> > strange
> > .owl
> > >
> > <MissingProperties.JPG>_______________________________________________
> > p4-feedback mailing list
> > p4-feedback at lists.stanford.edu
> > https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
> p4-feedback mailing list
> p4-feedback at lists.stanford.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the p4-feedback