[p4-feedback] Why does the expression editor remove essential parentheses?

Joel Bender jjb5 at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 28 09:19:12 PDT 2009

Nick,

> I'll raise this with Matthew and see if we can come to an agreement
> about which should hold.

My vote might not count for much, but please match the precedence or
virtually every language that uses infix expressions and makes AND (*,
restriction, intersection) higher precedence than OR (+, union).

The C language has ALGOL roots, and bucking the trend of 50 years of
programming languages would be a disaster.

Joel