[p4-feedback] Properties view from P3.4

Vitor Barbosa eng.vitor.barbosa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 09:28:34 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I am actually experimenting both Protégé 3.4 and 4.0 versions and I feel
that I should definitely move to 4.0 version now that it supports, although
lightly, SWRL rules.

However, the user interface from Protégé 3.4 presents the "Properties view"
enabling to easily observe/add the object and datatype properties for each
class right there on the same tab. This is much more user-friendly than
adding properties in P4.0. Furthermore, it also enables to see the
properties range, multiplicity and restrictions for each class. Is it
possible to have such an interface in P4.0? Is there any plans to implement
something similar?

I know that the "usage view" is available and can be added into the class
tab, but this is quite poor compared with the "properties view" from P3.4
since it doesn't present the aforementioned of properties range,
multiplicity and restrictions for each class.

Best regards,
Vitor Barbosa