Search Mailing List Archives
[p4-feedback] Problems with datatypes in class expressions.
sielists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:21:55 PDT 2009
I noticed few problems with the class expression editor's handling of
- (dataproperty some rdfs:Literal) will be shown as (dataproperty some
Literal) when the ontology is reopened. If any part of this description is
edited, the Literal (now without the rdfs:) will be assumed to be
xsd:Literal. This is not a valid datatype and it is a change from what it
originally was. The only way to avoid this is to reenter all the prefixes to
rdfs:Literal and rdf:XMLLiteral. The editor converts everything to the xsd
- (dataproperty max 1 rdfs:Literal), the datatype is not saved in the
ontology (when looking at the RDF/XML) but this is consistent with
rdfs:Literal being the default type. The problem is that when the ontology
is reopened, this default datatype is shown as "Literal" in the expression
editor and it will be saved as xsd:Literal if the description is edited and
the "Literal" is not prefixed or removed.
- The expression editor does not provide the datatype completion list when a
datatype qualified cardinality restriction is being entered.
I found a previous post where similar issues were noted.
I really need this to work because I am writing many descriptions with
rdfs:Literal and it is becoming difficult to reedit these descriptions.
Also, this problem is affecting Pellet by causing it to mark many classes as
unsatisfiable when the rdfs:Literal is accidentally converted to
xsd:Literal. It took me several hours yesterday to figure out what was going
on because I am new to predicting inferences and I thought that I was doing
something wrong but the culprit turned out to be the incorrect xsd:Literal
declarations that are only noticeable when examining the source.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the p4-feedback