[p4-feedback] Why does the expression editor remove essential parentheses?

Kent Spackman kentspackman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:32:15 PDT 2009

Agreed. It isn't just programming languages, it is general Boolean logic
notation where AND ordinarily has precedence over OR. In the usual symbolism
by which Boolean logic is taught, AND uses the multiplication symbols and OR
uses the addition symbols, resulting in DNF (disjunctive normal form) being
called "sum of products" form.
--Kent