[p4-feedback] p4-feedback Digest, Vol 31, Issue 59

Kendall Clark kendall at clarkparsia.com
Thu Apr 30 09:08:11 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:56 AM,
<p4-feedback-request at lists.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Many of the existing tools (eg, Cucumber, RSpec) are written in a
> manner that ignores the specifics of the system being developed.
> So, it might well be possible to use them with P4, at least on an
> exploratory basis.
>
> Comments, clues, suggestions?

It's an interesting idea; some part of this is available from the OWL
2 WG which has a pretty extensive test suite, and some accompanying
automated test mechanism (I don't recall how extensive it is, though).

I think much of the RSpec, etc mojo comes from the DSL-ness of it...
It's embedded into the Ruby ecosystem in such a way that it's very
close to frictionless to write specs, tests, etc etc.

The trick hereabouts, IMO, would be to replicate some of that, while
having to deal with underlying stuff like verbose exchange syntax,
etc.

Cheers,
Kendall