[p4-feedback] How to create

Thomas Schneider schneidt at
Mon Oct 5 11:13:07 PDT 2009

Hi José,

the names of the Java classes you're mentioning look like they are
from the Protégé-OWL API (which underlies Protégé 3), rather than the
OWL API (which underlies Protégé 4). You might therefore be better off
asking your question at the Protégé-OWL mailing list, see third entry
at [1].

Furthermore, "it didn´t worked as I expected" is not a very precise
description of the output/error/... that you're getting, so it will be
very difficult for people on this or the other list to help you.

On 5 Oct 2009, at 17:36, secevalliv at wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to build a tree in order to show all the classes of the
> active ontology. Looking over the documentation I found that can be
> done using the InferredOWLClassHierarchyProvider and an
> OWLObjectTree. So I wrote the following code:
> InferredOWLClassHierarchyProvider HP=new
> InferredOWLClassHierarchyProvider(this.getOWLModelManager(),
> getOWLModelManager().getOWLOntologyManager());
>         OWLObjectTree<OWLClass> tree = new
> OWLModelManagerTree<OWLClass>(getOWLEditorKit(), HP);
>         this.add(tree);
> But it didn´t worked as I expected.
> Am I missing something?
> Thanks in advance,
> José
> p4-feedback at

|  Dr Thomas Schneider                    schneider (at)  |
|  School of Computer Science  |

Aith (n.)
   The single bristle that sticks out sideways on a cheap paintbrush.