[p4-feedback] Protege 4 SWRL rule syntax?

Matthew Horridge matthew.horridge at
Mon Oct 12 02:29:32 PDT 2009

Hi Stephan,

For your example you would write

hasParent(?x1, x2) , Male(?x2) -> hasFather(x1, x2)

You might be interested to know that there was quite a lot of
discussion on expressing this kind of construct "natively" in OWL.  In
fact, there is a paper about it at this year's OWLED:

Dmitry Tsarkov, Ulrike Sattler and Robert Stevens. A Solution for the
Man-Man Problem in the Family History Knowledge Base