[p4-feedback] OBO file failing to load

David Osumi-Sutherland djs93 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 14 04:38:15 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I like to run my OBO files through Protege 4 to check them before
release.  This has been working fine until now.  However, I have a new
version of one of my ontologies that I'd like to release today
(attached) that Protege 4 refuses to load.  I'd like to be able to fix
this before releasing this file, but the error message I get when I
try to load (see below) is not at all helpful in tracking down the
issue.  Looking back through previous releases, this version loads fine:
http://obo.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/obo/obo/ontology/developmental/animal_development/fly/fly_development.obo?revision=1.9
but this subsequent release does not:
http://obo.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/obo/obo/ontology/developmental/animal_development/fly/fly_development.obo?revision=1.10
A quick diff was not sufficient to track down the issue.  Also, as far
as I can tell, this is not a character encoding issue.

Any idea how I might track down what's causing the problem and whether
P4 error messages might be improved to point more clearly to the
source of the problem?

Cheers,

David