[p4-feedback] Question about P3 & P4

王丽 wangli_hit at yahoo.cn
Fri Apr 9 08:03:08 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone !
I would like to submit some questions about Protégé API and the versions to choose between Protégé 3.4 (P3) and Protégé 4 (P4). Actually, I’m going to develop a plug-in on Protégé and I wonder which version should I use even though after seeing side by side comparison between the 2 versions (on this link: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Protege4Migration ), it said that P3 support Protégé frames and Protégé-owl while P4 supports only Protégé-owl so my question is how can I know if for the plug-in I’m going to develop I should use ¨Protégé frames or Protégé-owl, how can I know which one is better and what are their differences.
I would like to say that I have succeed to create a tab widget using Eclipse with P3 and I can now see a tab of my Plug-in in Protege3 (I have succeed by following these steps: http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/SetUpEclipseForPlugin  )but I couldn’t do the same with P4 and I got a problem to do the same with P4 here is the steps I follow for creating tab (http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/CompileProtege4InEclipse )
My last question: If I develop my plugin with P3 is it possible to move from P3 to P4? Are they so different the versions?
Thank very much in advance for your help.
Best regards,
WangLi