[p4-feedback] Question about P3 & P4

王丽 wangli_hit at
Fri Apr 9 08:03:08 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone !
I would like to submit some questions about Protégé API and the versions to choose between Protégé 3.4 (P3) and Protégé 4 (P4). Actually, I’m going to develop a plug-in on Protégé and I wonder which version should I use even though after seeing side by side comparison between the 2 versions (on this link: ), it said that P3 support Protégé frames and Protégé-owl while P4 supports only Protégé-owl so my question is how can I know if for the plug-in I’m going to develop I should use ¨Protégé frames or Protégé-owl, how can I know which one is better and what are their differences.
I would like to say that I have succeed to create a tab widget using Eclipse with P3 and I can now see a tab of my Plug-in in Protege3 (I have succeed by following these steps:  )but I couldn’t do the same with P4 and I got a problem to do the same with P4 here is the steps I follow for creating tab ( )
My last question: If I develop my plugin with P3 is it possible to move from P3 to P4? Are they so different the versions?
Thank very much in advance for your help.
Best regards,