[p4-feedback] problems with PluginAnatomy#Writing_View_and_Tab_Plugins

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 12 17:31:14 PDT 2010

Thanks for the information!

> *1. the template MANIFEST.MF file has package errors
> *
> The template for the MANIFEST.MF file can be downloaded from here
> <http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/protege4/protege-base/trunk/etc/template-manifest.mf>.

I fixed this as you stated.  I have run out of time today to look into
your other errors but I will get to them also.  I should probably run
through the example again.

> In PluginAnatomy#Writing_View_and_Tab_Plugins the link points to the
> Protégé 4.0 depot :
> http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/protege4/protege-base/trunk/etc/template-manifest.mf
>
> Maybe a new file should be added to reflect the above package change
> for OWL API :
> http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/protege4/protege-base/trunk/etc/template-manifest*-p41*.mf

Actually the protege 4.0 stuff is in

    http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/protege4/protege-standalone

This is a little weird in the current svn scheme but it is pinned down
because the svn repository location referenced by the Protege 4.0
distribution is found there.

> *2. class Metrics in examplelib.jar is also not in line with OWL API 3.0*

Are  you using the right one?  There are two.  But  I will check this -
this code may be a refactor behind the released owl api 3.0.

> It should probably be :
> getClassesInSignature(true)

yes.

> But the source code for this small class Metrics is not available
> anywhere !

It is here (for 4.1)

      http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/repos/protege/protege4/misc/examples/plugin/trunk/example.lib

-Timothy