[p4-feedback] Which API for Protege 3 Plugin...

aden ali aaatita at
Tue Apr 13 09:35:58 PDT 2010

Hi everyone !

Currently in my laboratory we use an another software
to build an ontology with methodology called OPAL .  The software we are using is completely different
from Protégé and also the only way to use the software is through a website,
not as Protégé that one can download and build its ontology one Protégé installed.

So the idea is develop OPAL Plugin for Protégé in
order be able to use OPAL with Protégé.

So this work requires:

à to write the
interface of OPAL in Java with Eclipse IDE for the compatibility with Protégé since
Protégé is build with Java language

à to find how to
implement OPAL in Protégé (how to move from Eclipse to Protégé).

The reason, I have decided to use Protégé 3 than Protégé
4 is that I couldn’t create a tab on Protégé 4 using Eclipse and I have
succeeded with Protégé3. I found very difficult to create a tab using Eclipse
for Protégé 4 and still couldn’t succeed so I left it and I finally chose to
work on Protégé3.

Actually, I have a question about that: I’m creating
the interface using Java swing and I would like to make sure that Protégé 3 API
uses Java swing? Otherwise, I think I’m going wrong way.

How could I implement all interfaces of OPAL in Protégé
3 from Eclipse? (Any web  link for that?)

And what could be the API I should use for developing
my Plug-in? Is there any documentation which explains that API?

Thank you very much.

passez votre annonce gratuitement ici

Webmasters, gagnez de l'argent en affichant des bannières contextuelles Oxado 0,14€ par clic

Hotmail : une messagerie fiable avec la protection anti-spam performante de Microsoft