[p4-feedback] How to get hold of the menubar from a plugin?

Shahim Essaid sielists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 00:55:01 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to add a JCheckBoxMenuItem to a menu from a plugin. How can
I get hold of the WorkspaceFrame menu bar from a plugin (especially
action plugins) in P4.1 when a plugin is being instantiated or initialized?

I tried  ProtegeManager.getInstance().getFrame(ws) from initialise() in
an action plugin but the ProtegeManger still dosen't have the
WorkspaceFrame by this point.

I see that the Workspace has a initialiseExtraMenuItems(JMenduBar mb).
It would be nice if there is a listener for this so plugins can do some
extra menu setup when this is called.  Also, I notices that there are no
Protege-specific listeners in Workspace, WorkspaceFrame,
WorksspaceManager or ProtegeManager that could be used by plugins to do
any customization. Are there plans to add few listeners to these classes?

Thank you,
Shahim Essaid