[p4-feedback] Load problem of Protege

liwei liu liwei.liu2008 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 03:10:30 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I apologize in advance if this email may disturb you. I am new to Protege.
Recently I am creating a small ontology, I create an OWL/XML file, then type
in my classes and the object properties, then I save it and close the file.
I wont be able to open it any more afterwards. I am very confusing, hope
there is someone who knows this problem. I will appreciate a lot. The
following is the error:

*The name of the entity is required in the entity declaration.*

Full Stack Trace

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The name of the entity is required in the
entity declaration.
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanEntityDecl(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanDecls(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanDTDInternalSubset(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at edu.unika.aifb.rdf.api.syntax.RDFParser.parse(RDFParser.java:111)
at org.coode.owl.rdfxml.parser.RDFXMLParser.parse(RDFXMLParser.java:86)
at
uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.ParsableOWLOntologyFactory.loadOWLOntology(ParsableOWLOntologyFactory.java:159)
at
uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.OWLOntologyManagerImpl.loadOntology(OWLOntologyManagerImpl.java:461)
at
uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.OWLOntologyManagerImpl.loadOntology(OWLOntologyManagerImpl.java:424)
at
org.protege.editor.owl.model.OWLModelManagerImpl.loadOntology(OWLModelManagerImpl.java:327)
at
org.protege.editor.owl.model.OWLModelManagerImpl.loadOntologyFromPhysicalURI(OWLModelManagerImpl.java:389)
at org.protege.editor.owl.OWLEditorKit.handleLoadFrom(OWLEditorKit.java:140)
at
org.protege.editor.owl.OWLEditorKit.handleLoadRequest(OWLEditorKit.java:135)
at
org.protege.editor.core.ProtegeManager.openAndSetupEditorKit(ProtegeManager.java:146)
at
org.protege.editor.core.ui.action.OpenAction.openInNewWorkspace(OpenAction.java:51)
at org.protege.editor.core.ui.util.UIUtil.openRequest(UIUtil.java:170)
at
org.protege.editor.core.ui.action.OpenAction.actionPerformed(OpenAction.java:27)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

Many thanks
liwei liu

--
PhD Candidate