[p4-feedback] Setting up OWL API (protege 4.1) for eclipse

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 21 15:17:44 PDT 2010

On 04/21/2010 02:07 PM, babar shahzad wrote:
> Hi Timothy,
>
> Can you kindly tell me one thing that confuses me. What's the purpose to set up protege 4.1 in eclipse ? Is it for plugin development purpose ?
Setting up Protege 4.1 in eclipse is currently done purely for
development  purposes.   There has been talk in the past about
integrating Protege 4.1 into eclipse and then it could be used for many
other purposes as well but this has not happened yet.

>   One more question is that protege programmers guide document has 'Protégé User Interface
> Programming' section that is using look&  feel of p3x, how could that be developed for p4 look&  feel ?

I am not sure what you are looking at.  But for protege 4 the primary
documentation is [1].  Protege 3 has documentation in several different
places.

-Timothy

[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege4DevDocs