[p4-feedback] Difference between using different reasoners

Igor Toujilov i.toujilov at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 26 07:02:22 PDT 2010

They use different algorithms and their different implementations for the
same task, reasoning. Coverage of OWL features may be also slightly
different.

Pellet is good on ontologies with SWRL rules. FaCT++ works almost always
faster than Pellet, however it does not support many useful datatypes and
SWRL built-ins. HermitT is a pretty new development, promising better
performance, but I just have started using it, and still have no opinion
on HermiT.

Igor