[p4-feedback] Annotation Template Problems and feature request.

Phil Spiby phil.spiby at eurostep.com
Fri Nov 18 03:42:54 PST 2011

I am having problems with the Annotation Template plugin on Protégé 4.1 and 4.2-Alpha

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Open a new OWL file with default settings
2. Goto Classes tab
3. Set view to Annotation template
4. Create new class (sub class of Thing)
5. Enter text into a field on Annotation template (such as comment)

Error triangle shown to the right of the search window
In command window the following text is shown in the attached file

Protege 4.2.0 (build 249)
Annotation Template 1.1.1
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I'm working on a project for Swedish Defence that involves providing Swedish annotations onto an OWL ontology that is initially annotated in English.
In order to do this we are creating a Swedish specific OWL file that imports the English annotated ontology and then provide additional Swedish annotations.
We are using SKOS and Dublin Core annotations and would like to use the xml:lang capability in addition to using the Annotation Template view to provide a specification of the default annotations required.
I guess this is over and above the original design goals for the plug-in, but think it may prove useful for others to support entry and display of language specific default annotations.

Dr Philip Spiby
Principal Consultant & Company Secretary
Tel/Fax: +44 1623 522940
Mobile: +44 7785 990352
E-Mail: Phil.Spiby at Eurostep.com<mailto:Phil.Spiby at Eurostep.com>
Web: www.eurostep.com<http://www.eurostep.com/>

Eurostep Limited. Registered in England and Wales No.03049099
Registered Office: Cwttir Lane, St. Asaph, Denbighshire LL17 0LQ.