[p4-feedback] Fwd: Re: Fwd: problem with inferring classes of individuals

Philippe Genoud Philippe.Genoud at imag.fr
Tue Nov 12 08:36:36 PST 2013

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	Re: Fwd: [p4-feedback] problem with inferring classes of
individuals
Date : 	Tue, 12 Nov 2013 17:11:09 +0100
De : 	Philippe Genoud <Philippe.Genoud at imag.fr>
Pour : 	p4-feedback at lists.stanford.edu

Le 12/11/2013 16:59, Philippe Genoud a écrit :

> [...]
Thank you for response Matthew. It helped me to partialy solve the problem.
Yous suggested me to look at the section “Displayed Individual
Inferences” and to check the various boxes.
I've already done that and everything was checked.
So I tried to use the DL query as you suggested me, and then the
inferred individuals where present in the classes tab (whe selecting c1
I could see i2 as an inferred member of the class).

I tried again today form an empty ontology and I've got the same
problem. As long as I haven't used the DL query tab, I can't see
inferred members of classes in the class tab.
If this problem seems to "fixed" after using the DL query tab, there is
still some trouble with the individuals tab. After running the reasoner
only the asserted type of the indidivual appears.
The inferred types (the superclasses of its class do not appear).

Is there a place where I can post a detailed bug report ?

Philippe

> On 11 Nov 2013, at 02:25, Philippe Genoud <philippe.genoud at gmail.com
> <mailto:philippe.genoud at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> > I'm using Protege 4.3 and do the following :
> > - create a newe empty ontology
> > - create a class c1
> > - create c2 a subclass of c1
> > - create an individual i2 member of c2.
> > - start the  reasoner (Hermit)
> >
> > and when I look for inferred members of c1 I expected to see i2 but
> this list is emtpy.
> > It's the same if I look at the types of i1, Protégé does not
> displays the fact that
> > i2 is a c1 whereas is asserted c2 to be a subclass of c1.
> >
> > Why ? any explanation ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Philippe

Philippe Genoud
Universite Joseph Fourier
LIG (Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble)
STEAMER group
681 rue de la passerelle
BP 72
38402 St MARTIN D'HERES CEDEX (FRANCE)