[p4-feedback] owl: prefix in OWL functional syntax

Tom Kramer kramer at nist.gov
Fri Nov 15 06:44:53 PST 2013

Hello OWL support -

I am trying to improve my understanding of prefixes in OWL. I am puzzled
by observing that the owl: prefix is not used by Protege in functional
syntax notation. I spent about an hour looking for any documentation of
this and found none. I have two hypotheses:

1. The owl: prefix is required in functional syntax notation but Protege
does not use it (neither does the Manchester syntax converter). In fact,
Protege does not allow it, except that a Prefix declaration of owl: is
allowed.

2. The owl: prefix is not allowed in functional syntax notation (except,
possibly, that a Prefix declaration of owl: is allowed) but that is not
documented.

Is either of these correct? If not, what is?

Thanks.

Tom Kramer