[p4-feedback] owl: prefix in OWL functional syntax

Tom Kramer kramer at nist.gov
Fri Nov 15 11:04:19 PST 2013

Hello Matthew -

Thanks for your help. Based on studying the OWL 2 spec, I expect to see
"owl:" in front of all the OWL terms. For example, owl:Ontology and
owl:Class, rather than just Ontology and Class. The spec says the Prefix
declaration for owl: may be omitted, but I do not see anything saying
the prefix may be omitted from in front of OWL terms.

I have attached two versions of the pizza ontology. One I downloaded; it
uses the owl: prefix several thousand times. The other I generated using
Protege by reading in the first version and writing it out again in OWL
functional syntax. It uses the owl: prefix twice. I do not understand by
what authority it is omitted.

Tom Kramer

P.S. I looked at every use of "owl:" in the OWL 2 spec.