[p4-feedback] visualizing graph with object properties besides 'is-a' in Protege (OWLViz)?

Bill Schineller bschineller at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 06:59:46 PST 2013

Hi,
   Is it possible to produce a visualization of object properties besides 'is-a' in Protege?
   I'm running Protege' 4.3.0 (Build 304) with OWLViz 4.1.2.
   If not possible in Protege' / OWLViz, any current advice on how to do this?

   FYI I started my ontology on webprotege, then opened it in desktop Protege to do further editing and display.
   I wish to communicate visually to my colleagues that my model is not hierarchical.

Side note regarding installation (unrelated):
   Initially I couldn't get Protege' 4.3.0 (or earlier versions) to run on my Mac which is on OS X 10.8.5.
   Then I stumbled on this note about an issue with Apple JVM.

http://cytoscape.org/release_notes_3_0_2.html#mac-java

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

   Coincidentally or not, after I applied the patch (Java for OS X 2013-005), Protege' started working like a champ.

- Bill