[p4-feedback] Error during plugins updates check

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 22 12:44:52 PST 2013

I am resending the text of Ivan's original message/bug report (below),
which for some reason never posted to the list.

The exception is thrown due to an invalid version number in the
Snorocket Classifier plug-in's auto update properties file.  Protege
didn't have sufficient error handling in place for this scenario, which
causes the auto update process to hang.  We filed an issue for this in
our bug tracker:

https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/18

We checked in a fix, which will be available in the next build.  I don't
have an exact date for the new build, but we're working on it.

Jennifer

I'm using p4 on a mac OSX 10.9 with java 7 ups 45.  Protege fails
plugins update checking with the following error:

Error 1 Logged at Thu Nov 14 10:02:00 CET 2013
NumberFormatException: For input string: "0-nehta_export-SNAPSHOT"
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)

     java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:458)
     java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)
     org.osgi.framework.Version.<init>(Version.java:135)
org.protege.editor.core.update.PluginInfoDocument.<init>(PluginInfoDocument.java:44)

org.protege.editor.core.update.UpdateChecker.run(UpdateChecker.java:32)
org.protege.editor.core.update.PluginRegistryImpl$Calculator.visit(PluginRegistryImpl.java:162)

org.protege.editor.core.update.PluginRegistryImpl$Calculator.readRegistry(PluginRegistryImpl.java:214)

org.protege.editor.core.update.PluginRegistryImpl$Calculator.visit(PluginRegistryImpl.java:191)

org.protege.editor.core.update.PluginRegistryImpl$Calculator.run(PluginRegistryImpl.java:104)

org.protege.editor.core.update.PluginRegistryImpl.reload(PluginRegistryImpl.java:78)

org.protege.editor.core.update.PluginRegistryImpl.getAvailableDownloads(PluginRegistryImpl.java:83)

org.protege.editor.core.update.PluginManager$3.run(PluginManager.java:164)
     java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)

Any suggestions?

Ivan