[p4-feedback] open and close world assumption

Ben salem Wided zayd.bensalem at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 06:14:06 PST 2013

Hi,

I would like to enforce property restrictions in class instances.

For example in the ontology “wine.owl”, the instances of Vintage class have
exactly one “hasVintageYear” relationship to class Thing : Vintage Í =1
hasVintageYear.Thing.

I create an instance v1 of Vintage class and I linked it to two instances
(i1 and i2) via hasVintageYear property.

I know that reasoners uses open-world assumption so they will deduce that
i1 is same as i2, but is there any way to use close-word assumption and to
detect inconsistency if v1 don’t have exactly one“hasVintageYear”
relationship?

Thanks in advance.