[parser-user] Pos Tagger training

Anna Rafferty annanrafferty at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 00:11:23 PDT 2009

Hi,

Yes, you can train your own tagger using the Stanford POS tagger package.
The best place to start is by looking at the javadoc for the MaxentTagger
class. There's a section in that document for how to train:

"To train a model from the command line, first generate a property file:

java edu.stanford.nlp.tagger.maxent.MaxentTagger -genprops

This gets you a default properties file with descriptions of each parameter
you can set in your trained model. You can modify the properties file , or
use the default options. To train, run:

java -mx1g edu.stanford.nlp.tagger.maxent.MaxentTagger -props
myPropertiesFile.props

with the appropriate properties file specified; any argument you give in the
properties file can also be specified on the command line. You must have
specified a model using -model, either in the properties file or on the
command line, as well as a file containing tagged words using -trainFile. "

More info on the property settings can be found in that javadoc document as
well.

Best,
Anna

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:01 AM, monkhjargal Zoljargal <stu_zoloo at yahoo.com