[protege-dev] [protege-discussion] Problem with events and database backing

clemens utschig clemens.utschig at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 03:56:03 PST 2014

So, i got to the point of sneaking a kb object under the protege app at
runtime -
pretty much a new constructor in project (using the code from the one with
uri, and calling all the methods) and then projectmanager.getpm.
setcurrentproject...

    public Project(KnowledgeBase base, Collection errors, URI projectUri)
    {
        if (log.isLoggable(Level.FINE)) {
          log.fine("Creating Project " + "HACK" + " multiserver = " +
isMultiUserServer);
        }
        setProjectURI(projectUri);
        _projectKB = base; // loadProjectKB(uri, factory, errors);

        ProjectFixupsPluginManager.fixProject(_projectKB);
        removeUnreferencedInstances(_projectKB);

        if (_projectKB != null) {
            _projectInstance = getProjectInstance(_projectKB);
        }

        createDomainKnowledgeBase(base.getKnowledgeBaseFactory(), errors,
true);
        setupJournaling();
        updateKBNames();
    }

Seriously - almost there, but now i really need your help - all the default
widgets are working - but when i click on an instance within the instances
tab the instance form does not show? no error whatsoever

If i use the default project constructor (with a string) and do the same
thing - the instance form does show up.. Unfortunately i cant debug into
this with all the threads running around, so i really need some advice here
- is there some other magic? some flag needed to be set...

On Sunday, February 16, 2014, clemens utschig <clemens.utschig at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey timothy - first of all thanks a ton for the reply.
>
> Yes i am on version 3.5.. The problem is that i cant create a server
project first as i use the ontology to configure a (remote) application on
the fly - and want to use the protege app to do configuration on top of
that - think of the ontology as a graph within a deployable server app. And
i dont want to start messing with two servers (my own and its lifecyle and
the protege one ;-)

> I'll try to tweak the protege app tmrw a little - and see if i can sneak
a project instance underneath it on the fly (rather than it *owning* and
opening a uri..)..