[protege-dev] Badly behaving Listener

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 19 20:15:09 PST 2014

> As it looks like a more involved issue (plus I don't have much time
> left on the lecture, and no admin rights on the machines) I tend
> towards trying again next semester.

Ok - sorry about that.

> there's also a pop-up complaining about problems with native libraries
> used for Racer.

This is not surprising.  It seems a bit tricky writing a non-java
executable and expecting it to run on an arbitrary linux system. In any
case this is a racer issue and the best course of action for resolving
it is to contact those developers.

But this also tells me that this installation has at least one plugin
beyond the standard plugins.  It is probably one of these plugins that
is causing the problem.  To diagnose the "badly behaving listener"
message, we would look at the first few lines under the "possible
culprit" message.  These would identify the plugin that was causing the
problem and, if we had the source code, would identify where the plugin
went wrong.

>> I'll have a look at ~/.Protege/logs when I have access to the machine
>> again.
>
> I couldn't find the log file, possbily logging is not configured.

This may mean that you have an older version and/or that the
administrator who installed Protege learned how to configure logging to
avoid problems with logging that the the older versions of Protege had.

-Timothy